Avocado Tuna Salad
- 2 cans of flaked light tuna
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 red apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped, toasted walnuts
- 2 T pickle juice (or water-if too salty)
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, mash up avocado with the back of a fork or potato masher. Combine all other ingredients and mix well. Serve on top of greens or enjoy it all by itself. Leftovers can be kept for several days in the refrigerator.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Note: You can substitute chicken or turkey also. Creates same great tasting salad!